Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Currently in Lakewood Ohio!

At this moment, I'm sitting on a second story porch in Ohio outside of the Think Tank house who just hosted a show. Alex and Erica live here and are super nice, letting us crash, shower and wash clothes here. They even held the show up for a bit because we got here 3 hours late. This was mostly due to me riding around Chicago, getting lost and passing out on a sidewalk for an hour in my hungover/still drunk stupor. But we made it! I even managed to puke on the side of the van at 70 mph and annoy everyone.
Whoops!
Anyway, I'm totally diggin this slow mid-west slowed down, warm nights, happy people everywhere thing we're doing.

Think tank house:



So Chicago was fucking awesome!
Anna, Vicky and I were up at 3 in the a.m. and we landed in Chicago at around noon. We took a 30 minute train ride into the area surrounding Wicker Park and had a few beers there as we waited for the dudes to meet us.

Waiting in the Airport:


Our plane:


After we meet up w/ the dudes we milled around the city for a bit and got some really good food at Handle Bar. Definitely a good call on Brum's part. The show last night was at the Cunt Collective in Logan Park. This was a sweet sweet place ran by really rad and helpful women. There was roof access and the L was literally 10 feet from the window behind the bands.

From the roof:


The L:


I took a bunch of really bad photos at the show but I have been shooting more film than digital so hopefully those are much better.

Suffix...


Teenage Cool Kids...


Spires...


New Yorker...


This was followed by 90 beers at the Phat Farm or Frat Farm or something. Bad idea.

Anyway, I wanna hang out w/ my friends now so until next time...

We're in Philly tomorrow.


-AL

No comments:

Post a Comment